A direct evolution of the original dual mobility system.
- As a direct evolution of the original dual mobility system defined by Gilles Bousquet, the Novae® Evolution® TH cup has benefited from acquired clinical experience.
- All the shells of the cementless Novae® range benefit from a pressfit effect.
- On the Novae® Evolution® TH the further augmented 3 point fixation (ischium, ilium, pubis) contributes to the primary fixation stability in resisting against pull out and rotational forces
- 2 divergent studs towards the pubis and ischium
- 1 cortical screw through a malleable flange towards the ilium
The studs are impacted
- The mobile UHMWP inserts are available for 22.2 mm and 28 mm heads standard, and 32 mm heads on special request
Novae® SunFit TH
- The Novae® SunFit TH version is available without the studs and screw, and is a press fit only.
- The equatorial rim of the shells is augmented by a peripheral press fit band and slightly raised ridges especially in the ischium, ilium, and pubis which contribute towards primary fixation stability.
- The pole is slightly flattened to avoid bottoming out, ensure good contact between bone and shell and avoid expulsion.
- The Novae® SunFit TH version has a dual coating of plasma spray titanium and hydroxyapatite, all other Novae® cementless shells have the original inert Al2O3 and bioactive hydroxyapatite coatings.
- The Novae® Stick is the cemented version which is able to be cemented both in to the native cup or incorporated in to the reconstructive cage.